Re: Decent Network Switch

  • Subject: Re: Decent Network Switch
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:55:52 -0000

>=20
> Tsk. 5 seconds with google:
>=20

Yes yes .... - but I'm at work, and "supposed" to be working!...

> http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101539.asp
>=20
> Looks like you might need the GS716T...
>=20
> Jim

Yup. looks like you're right. However, that appears to be at least a=20
=A350 jump in price, plus I'd have to use an unfamiliar supplier,=20
since Ebuyer don't carry the 16 port version. (I know people bitch a=20
lot about Ebuyer, but I've never had any problems with them in 5=20
years, and I find there prices rarely bettered...)

Since this is an unplanned spend, I think I'll stick to the=20
unmanaged 516 this time round... - I can live without jumbo frames=20
on my LAN, - I have done so far and no-one has complained... :-)=20
(plus until I properly audit my network, I don't actually know which=20
devices on it will/will not support jumbo's)....

Cheers all.

Paul G. (GS516 now ordered on on it's way)...