RE: Decent Network Switch

  • Subject: RE: Decent Network Switch
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:39:03 +0100

Just personal preference but given a choice between NetGear (as long as
it'=
the "blue" stuff and not the domestic "silver") and
D-Link (well, Netgear
and *ANYTHING* reasonably priced) I would *ALWAYS* go for NetGear ... I
hav=
*NEVER* been let down by a bit of "blue" NetGear kit.

(The "silver" domestic stuff is a different story!)

Phil=20=20=20

ordered=20
> up today if possible so I can install it ASAP.
>=20
> I'd prefer to get a rackmount one, so I'm looking at between=20
> 16-24 port GB switches. Managed is a nice to have, but=20
> frankly not essential...
>=20
> Looking around a couple of my usual suppliers of PC kit, I've come
> across:
>=20=20
> D-LINK DGS-1216T (http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=3D324)
for=20