Re: Motorola Homesight - BT Home Monotor - others ?

David,

Bizzarely, IMHO, Shell (the oil company) launched a scheme like this
too called "Home Genie".

Here's the link to the news story on Automated Home, but the onward
link at the bottom of the page appears broken. Should give you enough
to google with though :-)
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/modules.php?name=3DNews&file=3Darticle&sid=
=3D1313

HTH,

Tim.

On 5/20/06, David Chapman <david@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just want a simple home monitor / security system that brings a
wires a=
nd
> bells alarm into the 21st century - ideally monitored but also allow
dire=
ct
> access in via browser and ADSL and sends messages or pictures out to
mobi=
le.
> If it does some basic X10 automation (close curtains, lights etc) then
ev=
en
> better.
>
> Wired systems are prefered - house is flood wired cat5
>
> So far I've looked at:
>
> Comfort - too complex (and expensive)
>
> I like many of the features of the Motorola Homesight but it looks to
be =