RE: Intro and question re Home automation

  • Subject: RE: Intro and question re Home automation
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 12:22:35 +0100

Mark,

A couple of early pointers. There are many ways to approach this but this
is what I would advise as a starting point.

Look at homeseer, www.homeseer.com as the central intelligence. Plenty of
info on the site, great forum and 30 day free trial.

Look into xAP as middleware between various devices/protocols.

And read Mar's article on www.automatedhome.co.uk on wiring his house.

That should be good for a rainy Sunday afternoon, then you'll have plenty
of questions...

Lighting, whole house audio, TV distribution, PVRs, locks etc etc will
follow...

Nigel