zone wiring inside Comfort enclosure

  • Subject: zone wiring inside Comfort enclosure
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 10:26:48 +0100

A thought has just occurred to me... there is a bare mains transformer
inside the Comfort enclosure, - so does this mean that according to the
wiring regs I should observe the rules regarding mixing mains & LV
cable
in the same space? - Such as maintaining *physical* separation between
them (pretty much impossible), or using LV cable with mains-rated
sheathing....

=20

I ask primarily because I intend to use CAT5 cable from the Comfort
panel out to a patch panel and from there out to the various sensors
etc. (as illustrated here: http://paulgordon.homeip.net/comfort.html)

=20

Do I have to be concerned about using CAT5 in the proximity of the
transformer? - If so, I have a box of CBUS pink CAT5 cable I can use, -
perhaps I will anyway just in case, - but regardless, there's got to be
at least a portion of the outer cover stripped back in order to get the
cores into the various connection blocks, so I can't really see that it
would make much difference...

=20

TIA

=20