Re: [ADVERT] 320Gig USB Drive for Under £100 Delivered

  • Subject: Re: [ADVERT] 320Gig USB Drive for Under £100 Delivered
  • From: "stuckinthemud_org" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:53:48 -0000

Do they auto spin-down after a period of inactivity?

I've got an NSLUG which doesn't control this, so would be nice to=20
have something that did it itself.

After a bad time with eBuyer's own USB cases, I'm looking for=20
something better built, even if it comes with a drive (also looking=20
at better NAS options, hence my other questions).

Jim

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rob Mouser" <groups@...> wrote:

> I have one of these units and they do exactly what they say on the=20
tin. The majority of my DVD's are ripped to it which supplies MCE and=20
I've had no speed issues at all.
> They look v.nice too and feel well built.
> My only tiny comment would be that the blue LED on the front is=20
quite bright which might annoy some. Mine lives under the stairs=20
though so no real problem for me :-)
>=20=20
> HTH
>=20=20
> Rob
>=20
>=20
8MB=20
Buffer Cache
> - 7200rpm High Speed - High Speed USB 2.0 Interface - Horizontal or=20
Vertical
> Placement - Optimised for Digital Video, Pics&Music - Fanless=20
Design for