Re: Terastation

Hiya,
Mmmm the amount of times that I've looked at those (and all the other
flavours of this type of thing) and thought, yeah 'turnkey' and it
'works' but what happens when I want to do something else with it... I'm
not a Linux guru (in so much that I can follow an install wizard and
that's about it) so messing about with something like that on a re
flashed bios kinda doesn't do it for me ....

But...
why not just build a small pc?... didn't someone also post that Seagate
(or was it WD) have just released a 750gb drive! - get a small mini itx
board of some description - maybe Pentium M type (can get fanless cases
these days and do you need a rocket xeon for this??) a bit of ram and
away you go... a full on windows server with an interface you already know.

or even wait for a dell £200 server...

ok... the terastation is small and neat compact and you can plug and go...

Thoughts?

Wayne.

oh and I'm still undecided!