RE: [OT abit] 5.1 Digital out from PC

  • Subject: RE: [OT abit] 5.1 Digital out from PC
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:42:57 +0100

DVD's are often ripped with only stereo audio - are you sure your rips
are in full 5.1?

Also, to get 5.1 out or even DD 2.1 etc - you'll need software (in the
drivers possibly) that either can play a DD/5.1 source out or encode this
in real time and output as a DD stream.

What sound card/onboard chip is it?

Paul.

Rolec