Re: Anyone UPS's Home Cinema stuff

Consider a true online double conversion UPS for home cinema=20
equipment.  This type keep their output at a steady 230Vac and=20
perfect sine-wave.  They convert the AC mains to DC and then=20
construct a perfect sine wave output from scratch.

Line interactive UPSs such as APC Smart UPSs, pass the mains through=20
with a bit of filtering.  They have a step up/step down=20
transformer.  If the mains is in the approx range of 210Vac to=20
250Vac then that is what you'll get out from the UPS.  I.E.. if your=20
mains voltage is bouncing around then the UPS output will be=20
likewise.  If the mains goes below 210Vac or above 250Vac then the=20
UPS uses its step up/down transformer to bring it within the range=20
210-250Vac.  The worse thing is if your mains is hovering around one=20
of the switching points as the UPS will then keep stepping up or=20
down causing a bigger voltage variation than you would otherwise=20
have had.

Line interactive UPSs are fine for most computer equipment but true=20
online double conversion are better for audio/visual equipment.
BTW how are the UPSs you bought from a while ago?   still going good=20
I presume?

I've got line interactive and true online double conversion UPSs in=20
stock from 700va right up to 6000va.
I guess a 1000va or 2000va UPS for your application.
The fan runs constantly on true online so you'll probably want to=20
site the UPS in another room away from the DVD, etc.
Regards
Andy the UPS man.