Re: Standard Cat5 used Externally

Simon,

What about going with fibre?

These guys have 20m patch leads for ~=A310+vat
(http://www.cablenet.org.uk/catalogue/fo625125or.htm)

And ebay is currently listing a number of inexpensive media converters
(search for "media converter")

Could do the whole lot for under =A350 :-)

HTH,

Tim.

On 5/6/06, Nigel Giddings <nigel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Simon,
>
> I have used cheap CAT5e for temporary external connection with
variable r=
esults. Distance is also an issue as I am pushing the 100m limit.

> While I am reluctant to spend pennies when not needed Good External
Cat5e=
is far superior....

> Are you near N Kent? Maybe we could split a reel? I need some more in
the=
near future.