RE: [OT?] Momitsu V880N

  • Subject: RE: [OT?] Momitsu V880N
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 15:10:51 +0100

I got mine from Li at Laser - he bought a batch in and, as he has a
tendenc=
to do, never got round to putting them on the website. I was over there the
other week and I know he has a few left (he's using several of the batch
that he bought at his house along with a Buffalo Terastation and some big
external USB hard discs to do distributed movies so his kids don't trash
their DVDs).

Give Li a shout and see if he can sell you one of the ones he has left -
personally I think it's a damn shame he didn't get round to putting them on
the website as I reckon they're a bloody good little machine. Playback
quality on them is really rather superb and there's an open source version
of the server software which anyone into programming could extend quite
easily and really make fly ... I have seen a version of it that was
"updated" by someone I know to include DVD coverart browsing,
searching for
movies by title, movie descriptions, cast and crew (and searching/filtering
by cast and crew) etc. and I know that Li has the Momitsu server software
actually running on his Terastation.

Cracking solution that doesn't cost Kaliedescape prices!

Phil=20