Re: Garden led lighting

  • Subject: Re: Garden led lighting
  • From: "Brian Milton" <bmilton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 17:20:07 -0000

Hi Guys,

Just thinking of how to do this.  I am half way through my decking.
And have started running some cables from house to garage etc.  I am
wondering what cable i can run to control some led lights in the
decking.  Would be nice to have different colors.  But my main line of
thinking is control!!  Would Cat5 do the job? Just run one to every
spot i want an LED then figure out how to contol them after??

Also is Cat5 ok to run outside (Under decking) Not completely exposed.

Any input would be great.

Cheers

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <frankmc@...>
wrote:

> Hi Paul
>
> >I've not fitted my RGB controllers yet
>
> Cmon  get a move on....;-).....I have 3 boards installed ( 12 garden
lites)

> > Are you looking for RGB within the fittings?
>
> I,ll probably go for the single colours and use my HV I/O Expander
to drive
> them......
>
> Frank

-
I've
> > not fitted my RGB controllers yet as I'm waiting to get around to
doing
> > some decking (probably a way off as I've got a huge list of
furniture to
> > make yet!)
> >
> > Are you looking for RGB within the fittings?
> >
> > Paul.

Behalf Of
> >> Frank Mc Alinden
> >> Sent: 30 April 2006 10:54
> >> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> >> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Garden led lighting
> >>
> >> Hi Neil

outdoor
lights

> >> Nope .... Will need to pop in and have a look soon...
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Frank

led
fittings to