Re: Philips Dexscape TouchScreen Problem

  • Subject: Re: Philips Dexscape TouchScreen Problem
  • From: "darren_karp2001" <darren.karp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 09:34:49 -0000

Hi Keith,

Even setting the main display to 1024 x 768 to match the TS screen
and cloning doesn't make much difference, its pretty accurate on the
far left side but gets worse the further to the right you move.

Extending the desktop and making the TS the primary has no effect,
in fact the TS doesn't work!

Darren

> Hi Darren,
>
> I did some work on touchscreens a year or so ago.
>
> They report their position as an absolute value that is the same
> irrespective of resolution. Windows then takes this value and
scales it
> based on the actual display resolution that the machine is running
and
> converts it to a pixel coordinate.
>
> Try running BOTH screens at the same resolution and it should then
be
> reasonable accurate.
>
> You say you are cloning the display, but in reality you are
scaling the
> display as you are running different resolutions on both screens
even though
> they look the same.
>
> Quite how you overcome the problem, I dont know, but I hope I
might have hit
> upon the cause.
>
> When I was messing about with reading the touch screen in VB I got
one of
> the calculations wrond and flipped the touch screen top left
corner to
> bottom right. Was quite fun to try and press on the wrong bit of
the screen
> to get the button you wanted :)
>
> Regards
>
> Keith

> [...]