Re: Plasma cabling requirement

  • Subject: Re: Plasma cabling requirement
  • From: "Chris White" <cmw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:14:01 -0000

Hi Dean,

Basic HD signals without HDCP can be carried over a Component
multicore, or mini coax.

It is when you get up to HDMI connections that do carry HDCP that we
have a problem.

The other way to look at it is to offer 2 RJ45 / Cat5e connections
between the equipment room or corner and the Plasma as there are boxes
that will pass full HDCP'ed Hi Def over 2 sets of Cat5e.

I would also, if poss, allow for an additional network point (if being
installed) at the plasma for IPTV, streamed services or even a more
basic AV over Cat5e matrix.

Chat later

Chris

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Dean Barrett" <dean@...> wrote:

> I've just been asked to pre-wire some houses for wall mounted
Plasma's.