Re: Re: Clipsal Ulti

Same goes for EIB , I think ... when I last checked the EIB shop in
Germany, prices were little more than half what they are in the EIB shop
in the UK ... I did wonder if the UK love of special offers & discounts
might have been part of the story ... ie: who pays list price in the UK
?   Of course, geting started in the UK can be difficult ... low demand
means high break-even prices, high demand means lower prices ... .

Anyway ... why go C-Bus ?

Chris

Ian Lowe wrote:

> I don't think anyone was having a go at the distributors here in the
UK -
> they are always going to be constrained by the pricing that the
> manufacturers "suggest" to them.
>
> I honestly don't see how it's justifiable - are the C-Bus modules sold
> in Oz
> different at all? (not functionally - I mean, do they carry the same
> regulatory markings, is it the same outer plastic?)
>
> It's easy to see why different pricing can exist because of different
> regulation domains, or trade tarrifs, or even just the shipping costs
> involved, but the differential involved seems to go beyond any idea of
> reasonable profit and well into gouging country, and that's bound to
be
> counterproductive.
>
> How are businesses like C-Bus Shop supposed to build demand and grow
> the UK
> market when anyone with a web browser can see that the same kit sells
in
> it's home market at such a vastly reduced price?
>
> Given my recent escape for running my own business and back into the
happy
> situation of not being perpetually skint, I'm now looking at getting
my HA
> sorted out properly.
>
> For all it's technical plus points, Clipsal's "rip off
Britain" pricing