Re: Real HA - central heating control by the radiator

----- Original Message -----
From: <ian.bird@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Real HA - central heating control by the radiator

> Hi Kevin
>
> Where did you get the price from? Also any idea how much the other
parts
> needed are? I will need 7 at the end of the day plus maybe a spare
head.

> A 0 to 10 volt control voltage doesn't sound too hard although for
home
> use
> I suspect the on/off ones would be just fine.
>
> Thanks

Depending on how noisy/ how they are constructed, would driving the on/off
type valves with a 10V PWM signal be viable?

It may well create a lot of acoustic resonance in the pipes if the
frequency
is wrongly matched to the valves response time.

Damn you, you've just given me something else to go and play
with/investigate now!!!

More 'Yak shaving' to do (go and look it up, on Wikipedia, you know you
want
to!)

LOL
PaulB