[OT] Asterisk Advice

  • Subject: [OT] Asterisk Advice
  • From: "michael.furlong" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:49:03 +0100

Hi folks looking for some advice on Asterisk not totally OT as the
company
is a HA installer :-)

=20

The situation is that we have a head office which has a receptionist to
answer the phones during working hours (but not always=85 lunchtimes etc.)

=20

We also have two people who work from home but are on the road a lot of the
time.

=20

All three locations have broadband two locations also have a standard
analogue line each.

=20

Ideally we would like to use Asterisk at one of the locations to give IVR
facilities etc and treat the other locations as remote extensions.

=20

However both of the existing analogue lines would need to be routed into
Asterisk to allow incoming calls to be routed to any of the locations.

=20

I am considering a package from a VOIP supplier which provides two
geographic and two non-geographic numbers on two voip lines. It also
includes a fax to email and email to fax gateway.

=20

So questions=85.

=20

What will I need in the way of fxo and fxs hardware to achieve this ?

Will I need to put an Asterisk box in both of the locations with the
analogue lines if I want to route calls from them to the other locations?

We run two businesses and I would want to be able to distinguish which
number people have dialled so it can be answered with the right company
nam=
can I do this with distinctive ringing ? Is this possible for the standard
analogue lines as well as the voip numbers?

=20

I will probably come up with several more questions but that=92s all I can
think of right now.

=20

Sorry for the OT and thanks for any help

=20

Cheers

Mick

=20