Latest message you have seen: Re: [Advert] - HA related eBay item

RE: Re: Harmony remote owners - IR to HV etc?

  • Subject: RE: Re: Harmony remote owners - IR to HV etc?
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:23:09 -0000

Yes - a hard wired one - but it's via my Kustom multi zone amp. The
wall controllers in each room (only 6 zones though) have IR receive and
transmit. I used some opto isolators and 'tapped' into the IR channels - so
that HV is now part of the IR network and can receive and send IR to any of
these supported rooms.

I wasn't planning to use the IR blaster just yet as there's no need - the
895 will live in the AV room where my plasma and main AV kit is. This room
also has a wall controller with the IR receive. In fact, this is how I
control my Sky+ box which is in Node0.

The only time I can see that I need the IR blaster is if I decide to use
some kit in a room not supported by the IR network.

Paul.