Latest message you have seen: Re: Which HA standard to use for first home?

RE: [OT] Walkie Talkies

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Walkie Talkies
  • From: "Ian Davidson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:44:48 -0000

Hi

Yes they will work but they will be illegal in this country. OFCOM are
cracking down on this sort of thing so do be careful. Because they have
coding on there you can end up on someone else's channel but not hear
them however they will hear you and report the issue. Try to find the
features you want in the UK and buy from there. In this country it is
known as PMR446 which is the UK license exempt equipment.

Ian_D