From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx on behalf of Tim Fletcher
Sent: Wed 22/03/2006 09:08
To: UKHA_D Group
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] HA & SWMBO

You have to sell her the sizzle not the sausage.

For instance I floated the idea that I thought our vast CD collection was
"messy" to which she agreed.  I then added that it was difficult
to find the
disk or track I wanted - which was irritating - she found that too
(especially as SHE never put them back correctly).  My master stroke was
saying in Laura Ashley that a piece of furniture she liked would go well in
our lounge "if only we didn't have all those sodding CDs in that
enormous
bookcase".

Naturally migration to MP3/MCE/wireless media was greeted as a positive
step
forward (yes it did cost me the Laura Ashley furniture) - I also completed
the migration when she wasn't there so all was calm and clutter free when
she arrived back.  I even bought HER a wireless media player for Xmas which
was greeted as her "best gift ever".

Same for all  HA/IT "projects" - talk to her and you would think
they were
mostly her idea.

Naturally if she reads this email then I'm a dead man.

Tim.