Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: dimmable LED bulbs

Re: Re: Group advice on Wireless router

On 20/03/06, patrick_o_matic <patrick@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Need to replace with a new router that has all the same
functionality,
> > plus the ability to plug in a USB printer and make it available
as a
> > wireless network printer.  Would also be useful if we could plug
in a
> > usb scanner and have that become a network scanner too.  (If
thats
> > possible)  Needs to have at least 4 wired ports, and G wireless.
Good
> > hardware firewall, port forwarding and ADSL modem must be there
too.

> > My wife and I regularly work from home over wireless via our
laptops.
> > Reliability of connection to the router via wireless is pretty
> > important, as is the router not locking up too often, hence the
need
> for
> > personal recomendations.
>
> Vigor series?
>
> Average performer in some respects, but meets all your criteria for
> sure, except the networked-USB-scanner requirement - no idea if that
> works, but suspect not. Does seem to be very reliable, never needed a
> power cycle.

I went looking for one that could support a scanner around Christmas but
couldn't find one.

I'm currently looking to replace my Draytek Vigor 2600 and the likely
candidates for me are:

- Zyxel 661HW
- Safecom SWAMRU-54108 (heard good things about Safecom and also available
as Ebuyer branded)
- Vigor 2800G esp for the VLAN support
- Intertex IX66

Part of me thinks I should go for the Vigor but on the hand their UK
distributor has huge amounts of attitude and isn't relly very helpful.

Andy