Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: [OT]ish Router +modem problem

RE: Room effect lighting..

Hi Ian,

Yep - I've done the same thing for a friend's bedroom (the ceiling
bit).(although using fluorescent's around the edge too).

Someone else on the list has done something similar in their bathroom too!

Personally, having the new 'ceiling' perfectly smooth looks excellent -
although you could just build it the other way around from the wall (so the
gap it at the ceiling, rather than the wall, if that makes sense?) by using
coving that's not fitted in the top corner (using a timber batten for the
light fixture to sit on, and the coving fastened to it)

If you use tapered edge plasterboard and your battens for the new ceiling
are straight, you'll get away without plastering it and just using scrim
tape and filler, with a light sanding to finish.

Good 'ol concealed lighting.

I'm afraid I don't have any photo's to show tho.

Jonathan.

_____