Latest message you have seen: RE: C-Bus wireless, X10 or Z-Wave?

Re: [OT] iPod - Car

  • Subject: Re: [OT] iPod - Car
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 22:51:54 -0000

The best way or the cheap way?

The best way is by using an Alpine IPOD adaptor, to integrate that to
many modern head units, including those with screens you'll need a
Vehicle Hub, VPA-211B (IIRC) which you'll find at www.alpine-europe.com

That should let you see the status on-screen with all the info
(basically) that the IPOD would display. Charges the IPOD as well.

I have one on order, well not so much that kit but the interface lead
which is the issue and I'll let you know how it goes if you like.

The Dension is okay if you can get a direct link, ie, your head unit
is supported by it or you happen to have a standard AUX in. If not
you're stuck with an RF interface regardless of how you slice it.

HTH

K.