Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: unRaid - Media storage server solution

Re: Fw: Stair LEDs

In short yes, in reality there are some limitations around the what
levels are available when. From the datasheet it seems though that I
can control an individual LED from on to off or vice versa. What
cannot be done is have more than one LED at a different dim level
from the other(s) outside of a range.

Imagine on to off as split into 16 'chunks'. These are a global
setting that affect all LED's. Then each 'chunk' can be split into
16 again on a per LED basis. This means I cannot have one near off
and another near on and both dimming at the same time because they
aren't in the same global 'chunk'.

Not a good explanation but there you go. I will look into the sample
when it arrives and build the PCB to use it and hope for the best.

>From the video and the picture of the micro on the website I would
guess the program is doing software PWM which for a PIC would
consume most of the available program time. Neither here nor there
but I want more from the setup I am designing.

Ian