Latest message you have seen: RE: Quality IP PTZ CCTV Cams?

Re: Fw: Stair LEDs

The configuration could be done with a single button if you are
talking about using a uController of some sort. Something along these
lines:

1)Press and hold switch for (say) 10secs
2)Flash all LEDs twice
3)Pres button , wait for desired trigger time, press again.
4)Flash all LEDs three times
5)Press button, wait for desired light up gap, press again.
6)Flash LEDs in sequence at this speed to show what it looks like
7)Press button, wait fot desired turn off time, press again.
8)Flash LEDs four times.
9)Job done!

By pressing and holding the button for 10secs at any time you could
start again. The uC could also time out after a set time.

Obviously, a second button could make this more elegant.......=20

Jon

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, ian.bird@... wrote:

>=20
> Sounds like it might be fun then. Don't really care about the
triggering
> method. I would just have an input or two dedicated to this and
buffer it
> with a debounce chip. This should with luck enable sleep mode to cut
power
> consumption. The third input for instant on must be that time when
you fall
> down the stairs - so you can see where you are going to land ;-)
>=20
> I was pleasantly surprised to see Atmel have dropped their processor
prices
> so it is more in line with PIC pricing and should keep the overall
cost
> down.
>=20
> The configuration method is the trickiest bit as serial is not the
be all
> and end all of doing this sort of thing. No serial ports or more
terminally
> no PC are considerations. Switches take a lot of inputs and are not
the
> most versatile method as the user will be choosing between a set of
pre
> designated options. Thinking cap on I think
>=20
> I will think about this as it should be something that can be made
quite
> quickly.
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
> Ian
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> ---------+---------------------------->
>                     Gareth Cook
>                     <g@xxxxxxx>
>                     Sent by:
>                     ukha_d@yahoogroup
>                     s.com
>

>                     16/03/2006 10:22
>                     Please respond to
>                     ukha_d
>
> ---------+---------------------------->
>=20=20
>                                                                  =
=20

>          To:       ukha_d@xxxxxxx                        =
=20

>          cc:       (bcc: Ian Bird/CV/Novartis)                   =
=20

>          Subject:  Fw: [ukha_d] Stair LEDs                       =
=20