RE: Microsoft office for my business

  • Subject: RE: Microsoft office for my business
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:23:45 -0000

Hi Danny -

You probably don't need Office on your server (in most cases, you don=92t
w=
ant
office installed on a server, actually) You buy a single licence for each
PC, or if you are getting a few products, it's often cheaper to get an
"open" licence - that way you get a single media (CD or DVD) and
just the
appropriate licences to run the software: this is usually cheaper.

If you are getting new PCs, OEM copies of Office ("original equipment
manufacturer" =3D bundled free with the PC) are usually a lot cheaper
than
other options.

The action pack you refer to is an easy way to get a lot of software - you
pay =A3200, and you get 10 copies of Windows XP Pro, Office 2003 Pro, Small
Business Server etc etc.. Here's the details:

http://tinyurl.com/qmhk3

*but* the action pack is for Microsoft Partners only - and you have to
either develop sofwtare that runs on windows, or be a consultancy firm
doin=
more than 25% of your annual turnover in microsoft solutions.

Whilst they don't police it too tightly when handing them out (many people
on the list have the action pack for home use), in licence terms if you are
using the pack but don=92t qualify, it's no different from using out and
ou=
hookey software.

Ian.
=20