RE: Need help to automate my food management.

  • Subject: RE: Need help to automate my food management.
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:58:06 -0000

A couple of things that cropped up as issues last time that you may also
wish to consider were things like:

If you buy a dozen eggs and scan in the barcode for that then how do you
"scan out" just one egg?

If you buy - say - meat or cheese from the deli ... How do you keep track
o=
that as you'd need to decode the barcode which has both the product ID and
price embedded in it.

Phil

Intermec,=20
> >Symbol, et al., have a scanner and WiFi built in. You can=20
> scan into a=20
> >browser application _and_ use them for home automation=20
> control. But not=20
> >cheap.
> >
> >There are a number of failed companies in the retail=20
> industry that have=20
> >tried keyring scanners, etc., but not got anywhere.
> >
> >And the big question, do you really want the same can of beans
again?

> >Lehane
> >
> >christopher purves wrote:
> > > I would be very interested in this. Ideally a scanner in=20
> the kitchen
> >that
> > > you zap barcodes of stuff we have run out of thatg build=20
> a shopiing
> >list.
> > > Something like that.

management.