RE: Sinking KAT5 into wall behind plasma

  • Subject: RE: Sinking KAT5 into wall behind plasma
  • From: "Benfield, John \(Penta\)" <john.benfield-eds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:11:34 -0000

>Curious - has anyone hung a plasma on the wall, and sunken the
KAT5
modules behind it ?
>Would like to be able to sink everything into the solid wall behind the
plasma itself....ie 8 x cat5 , 240v socket, KAT5 modules (SVideo and
RGB/Component unit)

Depending on the wall depth, I don't see why you couldn't do this. It's
really just a case of chasing the wall out and sinking some new boxes
into it, just as you would for a normal mains outlet. The only problem
would be making it accessible so that you can replace bits. Does the
KAT5 generate any heat? You also need to think about access to the
actually sockets so that you can plug things in with either dismantling
everything or cables showing too much.

JB