RE: Re: Show report

Hi Slavomir

It's out now :-)

It contains the wireless Hometronic transceiver so the only wiring
connections are for the power supply and local serial connection to the
other system. The data interface has not been generally publicised as most
people are not too interested in it as a product, just the fact that the
system includes an interface to another system they would like to use to
control the Hometronic system e.g. Crestron, AMX, Living Control etc. The
module/protocol pricing are fluid just now to try and manage the potential
support issues - while the hardware is a fixed price we simply don't have
the resources to give open ended free-of-charge support to everyone
attempting to develop RS232 comms interfaces from their systems to our own.
What we prefer is for anyone who is interested to speak with us in more
detail to discuss the options and requirements so we can look at the
potential issues from both points of view. We are not trying to be in any
way protectionist about this and recognise that interfacing to other
systems
can quickly open up new sales opportunities for us.

There is an important issue with both the data interface and web server
interface just now. Both can access/update temperature setpoints, read back
temperatures, status of modules, current Lifestyle etc. but not the ability
to modify time schedules or lifestyle programs. This limitation is down to
the data made available at the manager module for wireless comms, time
programs and other programming changes can currently only be made at the
manager module itself or as part of a firmware upgrade. This is something
we
are trying to resolve just now as there is no technical reason preventing
these features from being added to the wireless protocol but I cannot say
when/if this will be changed.

Regards

Neil B.

_____