Re: [OT] XBMC AVI Playback

On 07/03/06, Neil Frost <neil@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Simon... A very big snap...
>
> I bought an Xbox, upgraded to XBMC last night, tried to play an mpg
(Timone & Pumba - Don't ask) and it was very choppy....

Uncanny :D

> Music plays fine.

Yip, brilliant, and I love the "info" feature where it goes to
the
'net to get info and a review of the album

> Then my ADSL went down until some time this morning (you're not on
PlusNet by any chance?)

No, I'm with Pipex actually, and it would seem mine was down from
about 9pm to about 4:30am - it's like losing a limb (it was definitely
beyond the exchange, as my router was showing a good link to the
exchange)

> Can anyone recommend the best version of xbmc that does the most
things really well?

I'd be interested in recommendations too, I see thepiratebay.org lists
loads of XBMC torrents, and they seem to be well seeded, so I'll
probably try a few later to see which works.

> Thanks
> Neil

Regards

Simon