RE: [OT] XBMC AVI Playback

>Does anyone have problems playing downloaded TV content?

Yup.

In the current build (well, currentish, I am on 20th Feb 2006), Xvid seems
to be broken, DVD playback reezes on the layer change and quicktime plays
with no sound.

> Can anyone confirm that it should play these files?

Welcome to the XBMC experience...

When it works, it's great, when it doesn't (and that seems to be most of
the
time) It's infuriating.

I'd suggest trying to download another build, and if you get one which
works
for you - don't *ever* upgrade unless you have to.

> Can anyone confirm that playback from a shared folder shoudl work
well?

It should, and usually does - I did this for ages without issue (but
without
the ability to watch "real" DVDs), when I upgraded to get real
DVD playback
working properly... playing avi files etc seemed to break.

Ian.