RE: Changes to SKY line up affects TiVo

  • Subject: RE: Changes to SKY line up affects TiVo
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 21:02:46 -0000

Hi John

> Apologies for replying to an old thread:

No problem

> > Sky + cant record radio stations so I was using TiVo to
> > record stuff off the radio however this is now not possible
> > due to the 4 digit numbers.
>
> You can indeed record radio stations using Sky+ - anything up to 7
days
> in advance.
>
> Just go to the radio station you want to record, then press the Record
> button.
> The Manual Recording screen appears, where you can specify the day,
the
> start time and the end time - so you can record any radio programme
you
> want.
> And because it's only the audio stream, it hardly uses up any space at
> all.

I was aware that you could do a manual recording, perhaps my wording wasnt
quite right.

Whilst SKY+ can record radio, it doesnt have a program information or the
ability to set up a series link etc. My Season Pass on TiVo worked
perfectly.

The problem with a manual method is that you have to remember to set it
up....and I didnt so missed Part 3 on Friday. Time for the BBC listen again
feature I think.

Regards

Keith