PC has died need some pointers

  • Subject: PC has died need some pointers
  • From: "Rowdy" <aoop43@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 21:22:20 -0000

Hi All,

Can't believe it but one of my machines has failed, I was unable to connect
to it remotely so thought it had just hung, I physically reset it and left
it to boot, tried again after my tea and still could not connect. As this
machine shares a screen with another PC when I tried switching across I
just
got a blank screen. Thinking the graphics card might of failed I brought
the
machine into the house and tried another screen, nothing, I swapped the
graphics card for an old one nothing. Oh, CPU and case fan were powering up
ok, the dvd on it though seemed to clunk away for ages. Anyway, I've
reseated the memory, I've removed the geovision card and the sound card
just
in case but when I power it on the screen stays blank, no signal, I've even
unplugged the dvd and the two hard drives but nothing. I can't quite see if
there is a speaker connected to the board but there were no beeps or
anything, I'm a stuffed what to do next, not sure if the motherboard could
be goosed or where to look next. Any pointers would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith