Re: Nokia D Box

  • Subject: Re: Nokia D Box
  • From: "Daniel Ellis" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 09:39:57 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Yeah,

we have done a little experimentation with those, and have had some luck
with them!

Yes, there is the obvious 'all tv channels' thing... however.....

there are a few other benefits that would be very impressive for home
automation use, that I have been itching to try out....

Firstly,
It has an network socket, and after you set the IP, it can join onto your
network.

Through its web interface, you can change the TV channel.

Also, through the web interface, using a simple HTML form with POST action,
you can make a message of your choosing appear on the screen.

Secondly,
You can apparently stream video sources to it

And thirdly,
You can watch a video source from it on your computer.

The last two points, I cannot confirm, but the first point, I have seen in
action, and had much fun playing with.

Hope this is useful!

Oh, by the way, works with cable TV only, and no satellite - so I hear!

Good luck!

Dan Ellis