Latest message you have seen: Re: New Current Cost Unit on sale...

Re: [OT] not for the squimish

  • Subject: Re: [OT] not for the squimish
  • From: "holymarydudderogod" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:43:13 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "John Andrews" <groups@...>
wrote:

> With all the talk about body implants RFID etc, I would love to
implant
> something before the skin heals over my gums.

hehheh.  While implants of all kinds do rock, I'd strongly suggest you
don't put something which could potentially become infected into your
gums!    It seems like that's just courting infections, abcesses and
further tooth-extractions.  It's also very difficult to get it out
again after the skin does heal.

If you really want an implant make a small incision in your arm or
leg, somewhere with plenty of fatty tissue and stick it in there instead.

> Anyone recommend something? ideally bluetooth with memory, and also
what
> would I need to coat it in to stop the body from trying to destroy it.

Implants used by body-modders tend to be silicone or teflon, sometimes
surgical steel, so you could embed your device in a lump of silicone
maybe?

If you do it you have to post photos of the whole procedure...

Kathryn.