Re: Shipping from the US of A

My experience with USPS (Global Express EMS) has been 'ok'. However
Parcelforce (who handle inbound USPS) in the UK is a different story.
I have imported a lot of parcels and have only lost one and that was
maybe due to bad addressing. USPS Global Express is trackable (web
viewable) and insurable . I have however had a few delays, one of which
was over a month.  Parcelforce (who were always the culprits at
losing/delaying things) were very uncooperative however in claiming a
reimbursement and deferred these to the sender via USPS (who had done
nothing wrong)

Frequently an item takes only a  couple of days to go through several US
destinations and then arrive and clear customs in the UK - but then it
seems to take nearly a week to get to its destination in the UK. :-(
Parcelforce  have also changed the way their systems work now,
introducing additional delays. Previously they would arrive at your door
with the parcel and collect any customs fees etc and give you the
parcel. Now when they get the parcel they send you a letter telling you
they are holding a  package - you have to ring up a highly laborious
(takes forever) automated system and pay by credit card and then they
deliver it. However there seems to be glitches and frequently the
package for some reason still sits at Parcelforce - and despite many
promises to send it next day it never arrives. If you do have to ring
Parcelforce and speak to anyone - plan on it taking an hour of your
time. It is a nightmare.

However the cost via USPS is very competitive (particularly Global
Express EMS) so if you are using this type of service a lot I believe it
pays off. For a one off urgent shipment I might choose another service
though with end to end ownership by one company.

Kevin

Michael wrote:

> My dad frequently imports Honda parts from Florida via USPS and as far
> as I know he's never lost one...Must have received 20 parcels if not
more.

> Michael

Services