SlingPlayer Mobile WAS Re: UK SlingBox - Mini Review

  • Subject: SlingPlayer Mobile WAS Re: UK SlingBox - Mini Review
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:33:02 +0100

Have just loaded the slingplayer mobile software on my xda...

Using the wireless connection locally the picture/sound is pretty good

Will try it again at the office via the internet tomorrow

Not going to bother trying it over the phone connection as I don't have 3g
and it would cost too much anyway!

The mobile version does allow "sound only" and
"slideshow" modes to save
bandwidth though

Am also upgrading to faster broadband next week, so hopefully will get a
better picture when away from home (10mb for the price I'm paying for 1mb
at
the moment, so as long as it works faster than 1mb/256kb I'll be pleased -
though I'm hoping for 10mb/512kb of course, fingers crossed anyway)

Regards
Tony