RE: Acer Inspire Idea 500 MCE

  • Subject: RE: Acer Inspire Idea 500 MCE
  • From: "Dave Sussman" <davids@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:48:19 +0100

No, it's an SDTV - good old fashioned tube. Yes, I'd like to get an HD
TV, but it's just too expensive at the moment and I really can't justify
it. Still if anyone wants to give me one for testing purposes 8)

Seriously, if anyone has an HD display they want to try out on this PC,
or even if you just want to see the thing in action, I'm just off the
M40 at Junction 11 (a small village North of Banbury).

Kevin - it's definitely noisier than the Tivo. The disk certainly was
during setup, but then it does tend to thrash the disk then. In
generally it's noisier too, but certainly not loud enough to hear when
the TV is on. This isn't a problem for me as I'm never in the room
unless watching TV or listening to music.

Of
> Paul Gale
> Sent: 13 June 2006 15:25
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Acer Inspire Idea 500 MCE
>
> Thanks Dave,
>
> Do you have a HD ready TV? Is your 32" a Standard Definition TV?
This