RE: TV Distribution (was Acer Inspire Idea 500 MCE)

  • Subject: RE: TV Distribution (was Acer Inspire Idea 500 MCE)
  • From: "Dave Sussman" <davids@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:51:28 +0100

Paul

An 8 channel distribution unit would do it; a couple to the lounge and
one to the other rooms (not that I need them, but in the spirit of
wiring the home ...). I'm not worried about distributing DVD or anything
really high quality and cost is certainly a consideration. This is
probably the reason for not thinking about Kat5; that and not having
extra boxes - I like the clean solution of just having a socket on the
wall. I will be putting in cat5 in all of the rooms too, wiring the cat5
& ct100 at the same time.

d=20

Of
> Paul Gale
> Sent: 13 June 2006 09:28
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Acer Inspire Idea 500 MCE
>=20
> Hi Dave - Where do you want to distribute the feed to (and how many
> places)? Have you considered Kat5 for ultimate quality feeds?
>=20
> Paul.
>=20
>=20
>=20

review
as
> > soon as I can.
> >
> > Which reminds me - TV distribution. Do I need to go to the
expense
of a
> > LoftBox if I never intend to use Sky, or can I can a cheaper TV
> > amp/distribution unit (Maplin do a cheapish one for example)?
> >
> > And connected with that, if I'm combining TV & FM in the
distribution
> > unit, presumably I need a special socket that splits them again?
I've