Re: Freeview reception

On 12/06/06, Paul Gale <groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> According to the Freeview web site, I can't get Freeview :-( But I
actually can get some channels on my new LCD TV with integrated digital
tuner. However, my analogue signal has always been fairly dodgy. Is there a
web site that will give me more options as to which transmitter I could try
pointing the aerial to? I'm quite close to the Oxford transmitter but the
direct line of sight is blocked by a hill very close to me.

Cant help with your transmitter question, but I can tell you that I
have an integrated freeview tuner in my samsung lcd tv, and it is
nowhere near as sensitive as the external freeview box I have. Almost
all channels in the internal one are unwatchable, whereas the external
one picks up everything.

I have a very poor freeview signal

Simon