HTPC TV Display Problem

  • Subject: HTPC TV Display Problem
  • From: "darren_karp2001" <darren.karp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:19:15 -0000

Hi All,

My HTPC (running trial of SageTV at present) is connected to my TV=20
and Infocus projector through an nvidia FX5750 video card using=20
clone mode. The S-video goes from the card via a scart cable to the=20
TV and the projector is connected via the card's DVI connector.

I have the resolution of the TV (primary display) set to 1024 x 768=20
and the TV set to 16:9 format.

For some reason the picture on the TV does not fill up the entire=20
screen, there is a small border all the way around and the image=20
almost looks like is is being projected onto the inside of the TV=20
(very hard to describe I'm afraid). Also, the top left hand side of=20
the image on the TV is ever so slightly bent inwards. Not terrible,=20
just annoying.

I have tried playing with a few of the settings on the HTPC to see=20
if I can improve it but there is no change.

I cannot set the resolution on the video card to be wide screen and=20
am not sure whether that would make any difference anyway.

Any advice?
TIA
Darren