Re: HTPC - what card?

  • Subject: Re: HTPC - what card?
  • From: "Keith Finnett" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 06:25:19 -0000

> Well I see they list my mobo on their website as
> being "compatible" with it and I see they do a
> PCI-E and PCI slot adapter for it too so in theory
> I could get mt two black gold cards into it and a
> Terratec Cinergy Dual tuner PCI-E card too.

....err no you couldn't. Being so flat, the case uses a riser for
the PCI slots. The riser only accomodates 2 PCI cards, on mine both
taken up by the BlackGold cards. The AGP card is also mounted
horizontally above (below) the PCI cards.

> I just worry how it would cope with an Athlon 64 3000
> in there (which is admittedly quite a cool running
> processor).

Not sure on the heat output of the Athlon, but compare it against
the Pentium M 1.6GHz as mine does kick out *some* heat. If yours
uses a lot more, i'd suggest it might be quite warm in there!

> Please - just interested in how it looks as most of the
> pics I've seen on their website make it look rather plasticky.

Will do. It's not what i'd describe as plasticky, and is actually
very well made. The looks might not appeal to all, but it's fine for
me!!