From: "Mal Lansell" <mal@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 9:21 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Mediaportal Setup question

Judging by your other post, you are looking at MediaPortal as an
alternative to MCE, but the reality is that despite being an excellent
attempt at a freeware clone of MCE, MediaPortal is still very much under
development and will probably be less stable than MCE.

Also note that the main cause of Windows instability is driver bugs, and
you'll be using the same drivers with MediaPortal that you had with MCE.

If you can handle all the tweaking, you could give one of the Linux
solutions a shot (although I'll have to leave it to a Linux bod to
recommend one)

Mal