Re: Media Center Edition Control Server

xPL and xAP users may be interested to learn that there will be an xPL
plugin for MCE on it's way (date depends on whether England get a good
run in the world cup, though!)

Playback control and status reporting are all working, there is just the
ability to trigger messages from the MCE remote and custom web pages to
do.

Microsoft's MCE sdk is a bit crap, but most things have turned out to be
possible with a bit of effort and lateral thinking - I have high hopes
for Vista though.

Mal

Dave Sussman wrote:

>I rarely get a chance to read or post to the list, despite having been
>member for ages. But this popped into my RSS feed this morning and I
>thought people here might be interested:
>

>Autonomic Systems, Inc. has announced a release date of June 19th for a
>two way control protocol server for Microsoft Windows Media Center
>Edition PCs. (MCE Server). MCE server is intended for professional A/V
>integrators who desire to utilize an MCE computer as a facility wide
>media server with two way control via remote touch panels. ...
>

>More details at http://www.autonomichome.com/MCE%20Server%20PR.htm.
Some