Latest message you have seen: RE: Comfort Design Question

Re: Any have a Nokia 9300i ?

  • Subject: Re: Any have a Nokia 9300i ?
  • From: "patrick_o_matic" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:42:14 -0000

> I'm thinking of getting one. I was wondering if anyone here had one
and
> what they thought of it?
>
> [Getting back on a UKHA track] Especially the wireless lan connection
> (is it stable reliable) and the built in browser?
> Have/can you run Opera on it? Is that any better? How about the email
> handling?

Take a look at the Nokia E-series instead. Faster processors and more
"square" screen aspect ratio make them a better choice for web
browsing, most (all?) support 3G and I think they are generally
lighter than the 9300i. The E61 (blackberry alike) is very impressive
for web browsing over wi-fi - extremely good battery life and  good rf
sensitivity. Built in browser is dervied from Mozilla I believe, and
although Opera UI is better in some respects there isn't a huge amount
to differentiate them in terms of practical performance - they are
definitely functional, and I haven't come across a website that
doesn't render as intended.

And as an HA aside, the E series have a built in SIP client that works
over wi-fi, so you can use your mobile to make/recieve calls at home
via an asterisk server.

HTH
Patrick