Latest message you have seen: Re: Hey, it's a start ;)

Fw: OT : New domain provider need - with wildcard email forwarding

  • Subject: Fw: OT : New domain provider need - with wildcard email forwarding
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:17:29 +0100

I've never used MS email products - Ive been using Notes since 91.

Jim's suggestion of Gradwell looks like it will fit the bill (logic done
at the forwarding point) - so the emails i dont want never get to me.

G.

Gareth Cook
IT Architect / Project Manager, SWG Sales
IBM SWG Sales - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 27/07/2006 10:04 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Today 09:18

.
Subject:
.
RE: [ukha_d] OT : New domain provider need - with wildcard email
forwarding
.
Category:

I had exactly the same problem. I solved it by installing the McAfee Spam
software for Exchange 2k3. All mail is now delivered to Exchange (Using
POPCon) and is distributed out after virus and spam filtering. IT works
VERY VERY well and is fully configurable.
Since I did that I have moved my domain to Fasthosts and their inbuilt
spam filters work really well and most spam caught in Exchange has already
been tagged by the fasthosts servers. This is very different to the
Eclipse spam filters that never seemed to be effective for me.

HTH

Rob

________________________________

Not quite what Im after - that means I still get mail - the sender is a
random address every time from the domain, so that wont directly help

G.

Gareth Cook
IT Architect / Project Manager, SWG Sales
IBM SWG Sales - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 27/07/2006 08:41 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Yesterday 22:55

.
Subject:
.

Gareth Cook wrote:
> I've started to get a lot of spam from my personal domain - mostly
cause
> use a *@domain.com to redirect everything. I then use a unique
identifier
> for each site i use/register with so i know where the mail has
originated
> from. Unfortunately, wkjfhadsiuhflas@xxxxxxx comes through to me.
>
> I use DirectNIC and have for years - but they dont support anything
other
> than a basic wildcard * for email (unless you specify an exact name
such

> as ukha@xxxxxxx forwards to this email account). i can then start
using
> *_mail@xxxxxxx which is generic enough for me to use, but not for the

> spammers.
>
> Anyone use this type of facility ?

Yes, Gradwell.

When you get fed up receiving spam on an address, you just redirect it
to <blank> and it gets bounced as an invalid address.

Jim