Latest message you have seen: [advert] Geovision GV750 8 port card

[OT] Consumer Unit Relocate

  • Subject: [OT] Consumer Unit Relocate
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:03:38 +0100

Hi All

I am trying to plan the relocation of my C-bus consumer units (Don't ask
why they are being moved, long boring story!) and was hoping to get a bit
of advice from you guys (Especially Dean and Ben our resident sparkies ;-))

1. Once relocated I'm not going to be able to add more cable runs as the
wiring route will be fully enclosed and solid wooden floors will hinder
further. (Conduit is also not an option). So I have some spare capacity for
lighting loads and 10amp relays on my current set up so I want to put the
cable runs in place and terminate them in a accessible location (Probably
the loft) for possible future use. This poses two questions. a. Considering
the relays are only 10amp will a single cable run of 2.5 T&E be
sufficient or should I put a ring to each relay (/me shudders at the
thought of YET more cable!) b. What is best method of termination for the
unused runs? I was thinking some RB4's? Or is there a neater more
professional solution?

2. Part of the move will be an upgrade to MCB's on each output. (Something
that wasn't advised when I put my c-bus kit in years ago). I will be using
the excellent 36 Mod units from Cbus-Shop (http://tinyurl.com/p52ba <http://tinyurl.com/p52ba> ) again
but wondered how people set out their enclosures. Should all the MCB's go
in one enclosure (I will have 3x 36) or would it be better to spread the
MCB's through the 3 units to simplify cross wiring?

Thanks in advance.

Rob