RE: Window Air Con Unit

  • Subject: RE: Window Air Con Unit
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 16:50:15 +0100

> It's a large room would it cool 22ftx19ft 13ft high ? Do you=20
> think it would cool that?

Well, it's rated at 14,000 BTU and I have no reason to doubt that rating
(when compared to the 9,000 and 12,000 BTU units I have elsewhere in the
house).

That's a bloody big room though by anyone's standards so I think *ANYTHING*
you are going to buy for domestic use would have a hard time cooling an
are=
that big however I don't expect this would be any worse than anything else.

I have this one in my "computer room" (which is our smallest
bedroom) and i=
will get the room down to 20 degrees (it was hitting mid thirties in here
during the daytme last month before I bought it) and that room has a lot of
kit in it including four 19" CRTs which kick out a lot of heat!

Surely for =A3300 it has to be worth a punt given that it won't cause any
installation hassles? (And if you need more ooomph then I guess you could
always use two?)

Phil