Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: Extending USB over Cat5

[no subject]

Tim

I've got two Audigy 2 ZS Platinum cards running in my audio server
both running with KX drivers to give a total of 6 stereo channels
output.  Works absolutely fine.  I have a vague feeling that these
were not on the compatibility list when I originally looked 18 months
or so back but I've never had a problem.  I got these as I seem to
remember that they have the same quality out on all 6 channels.
Earlier cards were not equal on all channels and the KX driver allowed
you to switch rear to front to compensate confused me for a bit
because that reversed was the default!

Originally, I only had one installed and was a bit worried that
sticking in a second would cause problems but when I eventually got
around to putting the second in, it worked without a hitch.

No experience of firewire though.

Only one big watchout.  The 3.5mm jacks on theback of the cards are
very close together. OK for el-cheapo 3.5 mm phono leads but I wanted
something a bit better and bought QED 3.5mm to twin phono leads only
to find 3 would not fit into one card.  Fortunately I found a Monster
cable designed for iPods that has a neat small 3.5mm plug.  One of
these fitted between two of the QEDs!

I think I got the OEM version of the cards from ebuyer.

Oh yes - I use with Xlobby too, with winamp as the audio player - no
issues there either.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Richard