RE: [OT] Alarm systems

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Alarm systems
  • From: "Stephen Jones" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:54:48 +0100

Hi Ho yin

Have a look at the Scantronic 9651 if it's just a fairly small alarm you're
after. It's a good panel with keypads which have quite big buttons, which
should be beneficial for older people. You'll see the keypads in a lot of
commercial places like retail outlets, being used to control the 9651, 9571
and bigger panels.

http://www.beattheburglar.co.uk/default.aspx?page=9651

The 9651 is limited in that it can't be expanded to cope with more than 8
zones, but that shouldn't matter if it's just for a simple domestic
install.

You can use whatever PIR's and door contacts you want with pretty much any
panel. We use quads and dual-tech's made by Pyronix and Texecom.

Pyronix Quad - http://tinyurl.com/jdybd

Texecom Prestige Detector Series - http://tinyurl.com/l3zuh

We mainly use Texecom Premier alarm panels these days but for your
requirements the Scantronic is probably the best choice.

PS - ref the volume - simply add an internal speaker and set the volume on
the panel so as the ppl inside can hear it enough, or to be really loud,
install an internal sounder and really deafen them!

HTH

Stephen

_____